Fast, configurable, extensible, flexible, and beautiful linter for Go. Drop-in replacement of golint. Revive provides a framework for development of custom rules, and lets you define a strict preset for enhancing your development & code review processes.
revive is different from
- Allows to enable or disable rules using a configuration file.
- Allows to configure the linting rules with a TOML file.
- 2x faster running the same rules as golint.
- Provides functionality for disabling a specific rule or the entire linter for a file or a range of lines.
golintallows this only for generated files.
- Optional type checking. Most rules in golint do not require type checking. If you disable them in the config file, revive will run over 6x faster than golint.
- Provides multiple formatters which let us customize the output.
- Allows to customize the return code for the entire linter or based on the failure of only some rules.
- Everyone can extend it easily with custom rules or formatters.
Reviveprovides more rules compared to