VRC is a Vim plug-in to help send requests to and display responses from RESTful services in Vim. It’s useful for working with REST services that use JSON to exchange information between server and client such as ElasticSearch.
VRC can also be used as a cURL client for simple needs such as getting a HTTP page response or posting to a form.
- Vim 7.4 (might work with the older Vim versions)
- Execute REST request and display the response on a separate display buffer.
- Make changing/adjusting request body easy.
- Can have multiple REST request blocks per VRC buffer.
- Can have multiple VRC buffers where they all share the same output buffer or each can have its own output buffer.
- Particularly useful for working with REST services that require the request body to be sent in JSON such as ElasticSearch.
- Syntax highlighting.
- Supported verbs: GET, POST, PUT, HEAD, PATCH, OPTIONS, and TR