rqlite is a lightweight, distributed relational database, which uses SQLite as its storage engine. Forming a cluster is very straightforward, it gracefully handles leader elections, and tolerates failures of machines, including the leader. rqlite is available for Linux, OSX, and Microsoft Windows.
- Trivially easy to deploy, with no need to separately install SQLite.
- Fully replicated production-grade SQL database.
- Production-grade distributed consensus system.
- An easy-to-use HTTP(S) API, including leader-redirection and bulk-update support. A command-line interface is also available, as are various client libraries.
- Discovery Service support, allowing clusters to be dynamically created.
- Extensive security and encryption support, including node-to-node encryption.
- Choice of read consistency levels.
- Optional read-only (non-voting) nodes, which can add read scalability to the system.
- A form of transaction support.
- Hot backups.
Detailed documentation is available.