lf (as in „list files“) is a terminal file manager written in Go. It is heavily inspired by ranger with some missing and extra features. Some of the missing features are deliberately omitted since they are better handled by external tools. See faq for more information and tutorial for a gentle introduction with screencasts.
- Cross-platform (Linux, OSX, BSDs, Windows (partial))
- Single binary without any runtime dependencies (except for terminfo database)
- Fast startup and low memory footprint (due to native code and static binaries)
- Server/client architecture to share file selection between multiple instances
- Configuration with shell commands
- Customizable keybindings (vi and readline defaults)
- Preview filtering (for source highlight, archives, pdfs/images as text etc.)