xnotify: Cross platform file notification with built-in task execution and a client/server feature to overcome virtual folders without relying on polling.
- Works on virtual folders/shared folders like those in VirtualBox, VMWare and Docker.
- Works on Windows, Linux, Mac OS without polling.
- Single binary, no dependency.
- Advanced task running feature to run build commands.
- HTTP client/server can be integrated into other apps/libraries.
Disable recursive file matching. Only watch everything under current directory only.
./xnotify --shallow -i *
Advanced file matching using external program.
find *.ts | ./xnotify | xargs -L 1 tsc
Watch all files in the current directory on the host machine and send events to port 8090:
./xnotify --client ":8090" -i .